Marietta Community Dog Park
Jackson Hill Park
1201 Cisler Drive
Open Daily 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
About Marietta Community Dog Park
Marietta Community Dog Park is a two acre, fully fenced, off-leash area, located within twenty-six acre Jackson Hill Park. Community volunteers worked with the City of Marietta for two years to identify and approve a suitable location. In 2010, Jackson Hill Park was approved as the site of Marietta's new dog park.
Fund raising began in 2009 when a local benefactor donated money to open an account with The Marietta Community Foundation. This was followed by becoming a recipient of funds through the Health Communities Coalition of Washington County. Community members have been, and continue to be generous.
In August 2012, volunteers began constructing the fence and gates and it was completed in November 2012. Phase II of the dog park, will include planting trees, installation of drinking fountains, improved drainage, and installation of benches. Phase III will include the dog agility equipment and improved lighting to the area.
Volunteers are working with the City of Marietta to create a clean and safe environment for dogs and their owners. We now have a safe secure environment to let our dogs socialize and exercise. The Marietta Community Dog Park is open to all dog lovers and friends who are willing to uphold the park's rules and restrictions.
Dog Park Rules
- All dogs in the park must be vaccinated, have a current rabies tag, and be over 4 months old.
- Dog handlers must be over 15, present inside the dog park at all times, and must clean up after their dog.
- Bicycles, strollers, and children under 7 are not allowed as this is dangerous around some dogs.
- Food and dog treats are not allowed as these may cause dog fights.
- No alcohol or tobacco products as these are poisonous to dogs.
- Dogs are the only animal allowed in the park, and no more than two dogs per person.
- Dog toys are permitted but leave your dog's favorite toys at home to discourage aggressive episodes.
- The City of Marietta will not be held liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog while at the dog park. All Marietta city codes and Marietta City Park rules are enforced.
- The handler is responsible for injuries or damage caused by the dog. Users of this park do so at their own risk.
- Want to join us but you don't have a dog? Please consider adopting one of the great dogs at the Humane Society of the Ohio Valley www.hsov.org.
Click this link for an interactive map to the park.
Get the Scoop...On Pet Waste