Health inspectors are not just inspecting restaurants. They do so much more to protect you from environmental health problems.
STATE MANDATED LICENSING PROGRAMS:
- Food Service Operations, Retail Food Establishments, Mobile Food Service Operations, Mobile Retail Food Establishments, Vending Machine Locations, Temporary Food Service Operations and Temporary Retail Food Establishments.
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas.
- Public RV Parks.
- Nuisance Complaints (trash, garbage, poor housing conditions, high grass, weeds, etc.)
- Rental Housing Inspections on complaint bases.
- Annual Plumber Licenses.
- Residential and Commercial Plumbing Permits and Inspections.
- Private Waste Water System Permits and Evaluations.
- School Environment Sanitation Inspections.
- Tattoo and Body Piercing Establishment Permits.
- Vector-Borne Diseases Surveillance and Control. Including but not limited to: Animal Bites, Rabies, Dead Bird Surveillance and Mosquito Control for West-Nile Virus, Tick Submission for Lyme Disease, Rocky-Mountain Spotted Fever, etc.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES:
- Emergency Disaster Response Team.
- Public Educations: Food Safety Class every third Thursday of the month. (Call Beth Tullius at 373-0611 ext. 2305 for more information and registration).
USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBERS AND WEB SITE LINKS:
- Ohio Department of Health: (614) 466-1390, www.odh.ohio.gov
- Ohio Department of Agriculture: (800) 282-1955, www.ohioagriculture.gov
- Centers for Disease Control: (970) 221-6400, www.cdc.gov
- Environmental Protection Agency: (740) 385-8501, www.epa.gov
For more information or questions regarding Marietta City Environmental Health, please feel free to contact us at (740) 373-0611 x 2305.