Customers must make arrangements at least twenty-four hours before a water service is to be disconnected or turned on. The customer must be at the service address to have service installed or transferred. The customer must also sign a work order form to verify water service is in working order before meter personnel leave.
Customers will provide for the meter to be read for bimonthly reading, starting service or disconnection.
Customers will protect the meter and line from freezing. However, if the meter freezes, another meter will be installed only after all other related lines are thawed and repaired.
City Code 927.01, Section A
- All water and sewer connections in and under the streets in the City and any and all repair of such water and sewer connections in and under the streets in the City shall be made exclusively by the Water and Wastewater Departments of the City.
- All repairs to water service lines from the mains to the shut off valve, whether in and under the streets of City or not, shall be made exclusively by the Water and Wastewater Department under the direction of the Director of Public Safety and Service at the City's expense.
- All structural repairs to sewer service lines from the mains to the street curb in and under the streets of the City shall be made exclusively by the Water and Wastewater Department under the direction of the Director of Public Safety and Service at the City's expense. All other maintenance of sewer service lines shall be at the property owner's expense.
- The property owner is responsible for unplugging the sewer lines from the main into the house.
- The property owner is responsible for all water lines from the outside shut off valves into the house and inside the house. This includes lines and connections to the pit and the pit itself.
- There must be a separate outside shut off valve for each unit contained in a multifamily dwelling or the bills must stay in the property owner's name.
- The Water and Sewer Department will be responsible to deliver bills for the water and sewer service by depositing the bills to the post office for delivery.
- The failure of a customer to receive a bill shall not relieve them from their obligation to pay said bill. The Water and Sewer Department shall not be responsible for failure of a customer to receive a bill, delinquent notice or other notices.